Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dutchman's Puzzle

Hello everyone! Hope winter is treating you well, wherever you are. We've had ice and snow here in Oklahoma, so I've been trapped in my apartment all weekend. Everything is ready to be mailed tomorrow, I promise! My sweet hubby is going to mail them for me. When I showed him the stack of mailers I need him to take he said, "You need me to mail all those??" Hehe :)

So, the block.
This is the tutorial I used. I found that these blocks go together rather quickly, and I only had to stress a little about everything lining up correctly. :) Here's my test block:
(Sidenote: after I cut up all my fabric for you all, these were the only four colors I had left. However, I would prefer if each block had more than four colors in it.)

So, I guess that's it. Finished block size 12-1/2" x 12-1/2" pretty please. If anyone wants to make two blocks, it would be much appreciated. No pressure, though. :)

-claire

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to get the fabric and get started. Already have the blocks done for one of my February Bees....hoping I'll be quicker about them this month than I was last month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! Looking forward to getting these fly across the pond! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those will be fun to do. I like flying geese. Can't wait to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes ma'am they're all solids. I've been wanting to do a quilt in all solids for a while now. I think the end result will be fresh and colorful!

    ReplyDelete