Monday, May 24, 2010

Finally done!

Sorry these are so late Margaret, but I didn't want to screw them up. I've never paper pieced (with a machine) before ... so I waited until I could get together with my mom (Lynette) and she could help with the first one, as she made hers as soon as she got them - and, to give credit where credit is due, just seems to catch on to these things easier. After the first 6-inch block was done, cranking out the others wasn't so bad! I've learned a new technique, and while I might never make a quilt like this one, I am going to try my hand at other paper-pieced blocks (like spiderwebs).

3 comments:

  1. Nice job on a first try. Isn't paper piecing fun? I don't like picking the paper off either. Use a jeans needle and a small stitch length then it isn't so hard to get the paper off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It arrived, thanks...Just 3 more to go!

    ReplyDelete